The Sr. Merchandise Financial Planner is a key leader amongst the merchandise planning group, responsible for developing seasonal financial targets at the merchandise division level that support the company’s LRP and financial objectives. This position requires a strong knowledge and background of planning practices and alignment with merchandising, promotional and assortment strategies. This position will leverage the candidates analytical and leadership skill sets to influence the decision making process and deliver the company’s plan objectives. The Sr. Merchandise Financial Planner will be responsible for using data and predictive analytics to drive profitable course of action and to set the analytical foundation for financial plans and targets. In addition to that, this role will:
- Partner with finance to set and measure seasonal financial targets by division for all components of a rolling merchandise forecast (sales, margin, receipts, inventory, and turn).
- Exemplify peer leadership and influence via support and guidance of the financial planning process across all teams and peer groups.
- Collaborate with MPA, Buying, Services, Marketing, and all other areas of the business to track merchandise and enterprise initiatives for target setting.
- Create sustainable planning and forecasting tools for each component of “all in” margin.
- Analyze historical trends to set weekly and daily sales and margin plans.
- Lead the development of sustainable planning and forecasting tools for each component of “all in” margin.
- Lead the identification of risk and opportunities and communicate in a timely manner to the business, recommending strategies to achieve financial goals and protect inventory investments.
- Lead plan review discussions to ensure that the company’s financial objectives are being met.
- Integrate all processes and systems to fully optimize plan accuracy, efficiency, and inventory productivity.
- Manage, facilitate and communicate planning of Sales, Margin, and Inventory Turnover and other KPIs as designated to plan.
- Understand and communicate overall division strategy vision, policies, resources, and execution plans to align to the corporate strategy.
- Use consumer insights and data combined with a structured test and learn approach to identify and maximize growth opportunities.
- Own the end-to-end management of Divisional merchandise and financial planning, including the optimization of inventory investments, alignment with corporate sales and margin targets and objectives
- Set targets and achieves plans for good/better/best pricing proportions, inventory and space productivity required to support the sales and gross margin plans.
- Key liaison with corporate planning and finance department to create annual, seasonal, weekly, and daily plans.
- Actively create and lead special projects that drive growth opportunities across merchandising
EXPERIENCE / EDUCATION
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably with a business or supply chain focus.
- 7 plus years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- JDA Enterprise Planning (or equivalent) experience preferred
- Demonstrate ability to develop analytical and problem solving skills (i.e. critical and evaluative thinking) required.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal required. Ability to communicate effectively across many levels within the organization
- Ability to influence decisions by creating a strong case for action, using analytical findings
- Collaborative Skills: ability to partner across departments to drive decisions.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
If you are having difficulty with the "Upload Resume" button please use the "Copy and Paste" method to share your resume. Thank you.